Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I LOVE THE SUN

Wow for the 2nd day in a row the sun has been out and Ive had the doors and windows open all day.  I love the sun it makes me feel soo much more motivated!  I even have clothes hanging on the drying racks outside (yes we did buy a new clothes line and no its not put up these things take time but it looks awesome just lying on the drive annoying me with its current lack of useability)

Ive started my vege garden for the summer........... ok so ive put in all of 2 plants but its still early days and they have been in the ground overnight now and still haven't died so that's a bonus.  I've joined the Yates garden challenge so VOTE ME

http://www.yates.co.nz/vegie-challenge/spring-2011/gardeners/wrxchic/3264-starting-the-challenge

its a link to my first post.  Ive only planted a capsicum and zucchini plant so far but have plans for tomatoes, lettuce's, peas and more.  Ive already got a bunch of strawberry plants, a lemon tree, boysenberry and rasberry bush, blueberry bush, celery, potatoes, chives, colourful silverbeet, spinach, spring onion, leeks, turnip and the worlds largest parsley bush.  Most of it is winter crop (well at least what actually grew from my winter crop there were soo many more seeds put in!) so i should really pull it out and get some other things planted like carrots but gardening like your suppose to isn't really my style.  I'm very hit and miss with my methods which are basically based around impulse trips to the garden centre and then a week or so before I actually get motivated to plant.

Enough garden details tho.......  I started this blog to keep friends and family up to date on what we have been up to and haven't even posted achievements!  Aliya is walking now!  Crawling is still the go to method of transport but if she isnt in a hurry she will toddle around on her feet.  So cute!  Josh is in the big room at daycare where they gradually transition them to school.  He seems to really enjoy it except for when i'm leaving he still puts up a fight but its getting better.  He seems so smart and picks thing up really quickly but man he can still push your buttons and act like a real little brat when he wants.

Well that's enough for now,  I have another load of washing to hang somewhere and kids stuff to organise so we can head to mum and dads tonight for dads birthday.

Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment