Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tightening the Belt

Well its been awhile............ Ive had a birthday, been on a girls trip to Queenstown, gone to OZ with my sister, I'm almost finished SBM102 with only one more assignment due then onto the last block of course work, both kids have had chicken pox and Jeff finally got soo sick of his boss he quit.

So here we are, Jeff job hunting and me tightening up the budget.  I have gone through the food we have (well started to I still need to record what is in the pantry) and I think I may have a food hoarding problem lol.  I think aside from topping up a few basics like milk, bread, cheese and eggs we could probably feed ourselves for at  least a month! more if I really tried to stretch meals out.  I have cancelled sky and other things and will use the situation to get more motivated into selling off the stuff I don't use anymore. Thanks to simplesavings.co.nz I think we will be fine as they seem to have living on tight budgets down to an art.

Kids are arguing about something so I will stop here for now but I will be back with updates on my new more frugal life something that I think we will try and keep up even when Jeff does go back to work so we can put the extra money saved towards the house and savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment